Housekeeping ~ theatre notes

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Housekeeping

Since we've been talking about fairness all week, I feel obliged to point to this. I've given Cameron Woodhead some curry in these pages, but here in the Land of the Fair Go, we like to think that credit is given where credit is due.

But my heart has been with CSS. Readers, it's the heat. You'll notice that the blog has a New Look. This means that I have, with my heart in my mouth, upgraded to Beta (only those who have done so know what this means...) So far everything seems to be working, aside from the handy Read More tags (now fixed - note the groovy inline expandable posts. If you want to go to a separate page with comments, click on the post title or the "Permalink" at the bottom.)

On the other hand, we now have a Comments feed, to which you can subscribe if the spirit moves you. And two columns down the side for all the TN info. Also, some of you will have noticed the new labels recently - I haven't quite got around to thoroughly labelling all posts, but it will happen. Update: It did happen. I am the Queen of Geekdom. Note the pretty new label cloud on the right (it's hard to miss) - click any of those labels and all the associated posts come up. Fancy, no?

Some of you, like Paul below, will have been getting thousands of feed updates as I had to tinker with practically every post in this blog to put in a tiny scrap of code. (I've done a lot of writing here, I realise...) Consequently, Recent Posts has gone haywire and is showing all sorts of ancient posts... Also, people are complaining about Blogger comments. This is, as they say, a global problem: ie, not just this blog. They work if you try later. My apologies for any inconveniences as we renovate. All should now return to normal, or as normal as I get.

4 comments:

Paul Martin said...

Hi Alison, I notice the recent posts only includes the last 5. Are you able to change this? With my current blog, I'd prefer more than the current 10.

Alison Croggon said...

Hi Paul - spoken like a true blogger! I'd like to put 10 myself, but at the moment the beta default is 1-5. Which means finding a hack around it. I'm sure there is one, but I haven't hunted it down yet...

Paul Martin said...

Alison, Bloglines is picking up changes you are making to all your old posts.

Alison Croggon said...

Sigh. I know, and my apologies to anyone who is getting far too many notices of old stuff...in order to get some coding working, I have to visit practically every post. But it even picks up when you change the labels.

It is but a temporary thing. I hope. Meanwhile, bear with me...